Saturday, March 14, 2009

My first time

I finally came out of the OT (operation theatre) as the surgeon instead of the assistant. Big thanks to my generous MO who granted me the opportunity and assisted me in every step of the way. It was definitely scarier than i thought it would be, i did not sweat profusely like how i always do when i get nervous but the whole experience has upped my surgical appetite. From the second i cleaned and draped the patient till i closed up the skin... wow. There is much improvement to be made but that day was one of the days i ended my working hours feeling full of pride. In the end of the day it might just be an appendicectomy but for a house officer it certainly was some kind of feat. thanks MO. you were an excellent mentor.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats...you're on your way to saving the world!

    ReplyDelete